Monday, October 15, 2007

The Best weekend in a long long time











Well, this weekend was actually OUR weekend! We took control and did what we wanted to. I know that may sound strange but usually we have every weekend "planned" filled with soccer games, birthday parties, grocery shopping, and whatever else we HAVE to do. THIS weekend, while we did have some soccer and a birthday party (haha) we took control and decided what we were going to do. I got to hang out Friday night with my good friend JY and her Little Guys while my Honey took 4 of the kids to Beanie's soccer game. We got to sit and chat while the Lil ones played. We did have to "ref" a few times. :0) The boys are into punching and "hi-ya-ing" and wrestling. ( No wonder, Look who their Dads are);0).

On Saturday, C let me sleep in (PB is STILL keeping me up like he is a newborn or something) and took the kids to BangBang's soccer game in the morning. He was thrilled to have his sisters at his game. They usually sleep in on Saturday mornings so they miss him play. They got a kick out of seeing him play too. I think they were impressed at how well he could play. Boo-Bear said he was a scoring machine. When they got back we all got ready to go to their cousins birthday party. It was at a laser tag place. C got to play with all of the kids. I got to hang out with all of the Mommies. Everyone was cooing over PB and Bubba. It was the first time that C's Aunt has seen PB! Loo Loo got the most points for getting her Daddy.
After the party we decided to blow off everything else we HAD to do and made time to hang out with family and friends at C's Aunts house. The kids had a great time playing with the other kids and we got a chance to catch up and relax.
Tonight was the first time PB slept 4 hours in a row!!! Woo Hoo!

Sunday morning we all slept in (even PB). Bang Bang made me the most wonderful card and surprised me when I woke up. Usually, he comes in our room and wakes us up and we get annoyed, but this morning he busied himself. It was a nice relaxing morning. Slowly all 6 tickled into our room and we just hung out laughing and enjoying each others company on our big bed. We haven't done that in a long, long time. C and I decided we were going to blow off today as well and pack up a picnic and take the kids to the park.
Beanie made sandwiches, Boo-bear got the blankets, Loo-Loo helped Bubba get ready.
We got to the park and played a family game of soccer and ate in the gazebo. We walked around the lake and enjoyed the scenery. Finally we made it to the playground. C played a game of tag with the kids and we headed home. They kids thanked us for such a wonderful day.
When we got home C went to go study. I picked a recipe for dinner and all of the kids got to help me prepare dinner (except PB of course). It is amazing how much kids really just enjoy spending time with their parents. It really takes so little to make them feel special and happy. It kind of reminds me to be happy with the simpler things and just enjoy being. We ended the weekend by having dinner and dessert in front of the TV watching "Evan Almighty". It was great!!

PB only got up twice last night and he ate some fresh banana yesterday. Things are going well. :0)

2 Howdy-Do's:

The Dreamer said...

I like the new page, NICE PICTURE! I'm glad you had a nice weekend. It's good that PB is finally letting you get some well needed rest.

Braving the Arirang said...

Awww, that's awesome that you had a good weekend!

Hope all things are still well and I hope to see you guys soon! :-)